Who We Are
MYP (Maximise Your Potential) Coaching was founded by Mike Carmody in 2018. MYP Coaching offers personal training, run coaching and strength & conditioning (S&C) coaching, and is based in Limerick, Ireland. Its ethos is based on a philosophy of helping all individuals to realise their full fitness/athletic potential.
Mike has over 15 years experience as an elite endurance athlete. He is a former Munster senior cross country champion, Irish underage international, and holds PBs ranging from 8:30 for 3k to 68:01 for the half marathon. Mike has a wealth of experience within the fitness industry and has coached athletes of all levels for over a decade. He is an IAAF Level 3 athletics coach, and holds qualifications in sports science and personal training from the highly acclaimed Setanta College.
When establishing the business in 2018, Mike combined his running, S&C and personal training qualifications, to provide a bespoke coaching service catering for all levels and ages of fitness enthusiast. He has helped all types of individuals to achieve their fitness and lifestyle goals, and worked with athletes ranging from international level to those hoping to complete their first 5k. He is the current fitness and speed development coach for the Clare senior hurlers and Eire Og senior footballers, and has worked with numerous other sports clubs across the Mid West region.
Check out our services section or contact us if you would like any further information on the services which we offer. We would be more than delighted to help.
- Diploma in Resistance Training – Setanta College
- Athletics Ireland Level 2 (IAAF Level 3) athletics coach
- Certificate in Functional Screening – Setanta College
- Certificate in Sports Nutrition – Setanta College
- Certificate in Coaching Skills – Setanta College
- Certificate in Mental Health First Aid
- Former Munster Senior Cross Country Champion
- Winner of 13 Munster athletics titles
- Winner of 43 Limerick athletics titles
- Former Irish underage international
- Master’s degree in Human Rights in Criminal Justice from the University of Limerick – first class honours